Since opening in 1982, Killinarden Community School has developed into a highly regarded and progressive co-educational and multi-denominational post-primary school.KCS is under the trusteeship of the Archbishop of Dublin, the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul and County Dublin Vocational Education Committee.The Board of Management has representatives of the three Trustees,Parents and Teaching Staff.The Board believes that education flourishes in an environment where good relationships are encouraged and people feel valued.
In KCS, we promote:
- A climate of mutual respect and understanding.
- An excellent standard of educational curriculum.
- High and realistic expectations for students.
- Partnership between the home,school and community.
We believe good attendance is a vital factor in each students educational progression.KCS presents Certificates and Rewards to students who regularly have good attendance.Partnership between school and home is an important part of maintaining a good attendance record.We strongly believe that working closely with parents can be the key to a students success.
- Navy V-necked sweater with school crest
- Mid-grey straight legged school uniform trousers
- Mid-grey school skirt (optional for girls)
- Light blue shirt with collar
- School tie
- -for Junior students the tie has a yellow stripe
- -for Senior students the tie has a red stripe
- Black school shoes are compulsory for all students
All students must participate fully in Physical Education classes unless exempted by a doctor’s certificate.Students must tog out fully for P.E. and games.
- plain white T-shirt
- plain navy tracksuit bottoms or shorts
School begins at 8.50am with Assembly and Tutorial.Classes finish at 4pm except on Wednesdays when the school closes at 1pm.A short break is held during morning classes and lunch-break is from 12.30pm to 1.30pm.