Thank you for choosing our school for your son/daughter. Secondary school is a very important stage in the development of young people. It is an opportunity to build on excellent teaching and learning in the Primary schools and expand their horizons with new challenges and experiences.
I enclose the enrolment package for Killinarden Community School. It is most important that the instructions are followed carefully and that all forms that need to be filled in are returned (along with two passport photographs) to the school.
If your son/daughter is a pupil in the feeder Primary schools then it can be returned to the class teacher in the Primary School. If your application is from outside the feeder schools then please post it back to the school as soon as possible.
There is a registration fee of €25 for all in-coming students. The application must be accompanied with the fee.
- Putting Young People First – information letter which the parents keep.
- Admissions Policy – information sheet which the parents keep.
- General Classrooms Rules – information sheet which the parents keep.
- Application Form – must be signed and returned with two passport photos.
- Code of Behaviour – must be signed and returned.
- Parent Consent Form – must be signed and returned.
- Book Scheme Form – must be signed and returned.
Unless these forms (with two passport photos) are returned to the class teacher I cannot guarantee a place for your son/daughter.
When the four forms are filled in and signed, please place into the envelope provided and return to the class teacher.
Take time to read over ‘Putting Young People First’ and you will see that we are a caring school community with excellent resources to support your son/daughter achieve their ambitions; develop their talents in a safe and pleasing environment.
I look forward to meeting you and your son/daughter in the very near future.